We want to drive and support sustainable development which delivers homes, businesses and infrastructure without damaging our environment and helping our community to flourish as it meets present and future demands.
The Group will need to consider:
- How many new homes are needed to sustain our community during the next 15 years and at what rate of development
- How to provide housing and homes which are affordable for our elderly and first time buyers
- The understanding of the needs and opportunities for our farmers, growers and businesses and planning to encourage their growth and sustainability
- Identifying areas were employment opportunities, business and housing development can be supported, without jeopardising Conservation Areas, the Green Belt, or our rural surroundings
- How can we improve access to open spaces, and develop links between important hubs within our community
- How can we maximise the use of buildings, including those that are currently under-utilised, and provide improve facilities for schooling and community use
Members of the Planning and Development Working Group are:
- Judith Chubb-Whittle
- Derek Winstone
- Mamdouh El-shanawany
- Darryl Witcher
- Martin Elsbury (Chair)
If you are interested in this topic and would like to provide input, please contact us using the red ‘Contact Form’ at the right of the screen.